Sunday, August 24, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
2. They do what they do, and we do what we do.
3. You are who you are, not what people say you are.
4. We don't talk business at the table. [I said it once and now she has adopted it and repeats it.]
5. A place for everything and everything in its place.
6. That's why they put erasers on the ends of pencils.
Friday, August 15, 2008
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too [No, you don't. It only means you can sight read. --nk]
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
And yes, sight reading does hurt your spelling. You see it when you're trying to write something.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I should have voted for McCain in 2000.