Friday, June 30, 2006

Fred Saberhagen Returns To The Empire Of The East

Fred Saberhagen returns to The Empire of the East with Ardneh's Sword. I won't give anything away but it is a very good link to the Swords Trilogy. As usual it features Saberhagen's excellent story-telling and more than the usual plot developments and twists and it is suitable for any age.
I went back and also got The Face of Apollo, Ariadne's Web, The Arms of Hercules, God of the Golden Fleece and Gods of Fire and Thunder. I had not read him since 1991. Catching up was very enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Saberhagen fan here. Liked the "Swords" books pretty well (read back in the late 80s), but I'm especially a fan of the Berserkers.

Thu Jul 06, 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger nk said...

I was a big fan of The Berserker series too but I moved away from hard sci-fi. I think his best may have been "Coils" which he co-authored with Roger Zelazny. His very old books, "The Face of the Sun" and "The Veils of Azlaroc" were also great.

Thu Jul 06, 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home