Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Blogger Obligations, Bouzoukis And Resurrected Interests

Somehow, I seem to have attracted regular visitors. Welcome, all four of you. Which kind of makes me feel that I should post something more than once a week and it should not be my poetry.

A long, long time ago in a place far away, I was young, energetic and interested in music. So I bought an old played out
bouzouki and found a bouzouki teacher. Then, I met the woman who is now my wife. So much for bouzouki lessons. She was much more interesting. I gave the bouzouki to one of my many cousins.

What with one thing and another between married people, we acquired a daughter who is now taking music lessons. Lately, I have been taking her there and it has resurrected my interest in learning to play the bouzouki. So tonight I ordered
this one. We'll see how my neighbors, who have registered very definite protests against the playing of my trumpet, didjeridoo, cornemuse and bagpipe chanter on my back porch, react to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home