I've been tagged by Anwyn. I don't know what I did to deserve it. Basically, I have to post eight things about me that you might want to know and find eight other poor suckers to tag. Well, here goes:
1. This post is going to take a while to complete because I am without living space in my home. I sent my wife and daughter away while remodeling the house and I am eating out of restaurants and sleeping on a love seat in a corner. I am typing this on a laptop on my deck and I don't know how much longer that will last.
2. The hardest part will be finding eight other bloggers to tag.
3. When I was a baby I was dandled on the lap of a man who received three separate death sentences for murder.
4. In my last Fourth Amendment case the sergeant who filed the false affidavit for a search warrant against my clients got life and the detective got ten years.
5. My favorite whittling knife is an Opinel #8 that I bought some twenty-five years ago.
6. My last bankruptcy case resulted in a double murder and suicide. The junior secured creditor killed one of his debtors and his lawyer and then shot himself.
7. I am good at talking to people. I have heard said about me that I "could talk to a tree".
8. One of my earliest memories, maybe I was five, is holding a burlap bag while my father was shoveling in horse manure in our stable.
DEVELOPMENT: Patterico is "propagating the virus" with a couple of mutations. We'll see. I have some of my home back but still a lot left to do.
9. [1 & 2 don't honestly count] If I was eight yet my brother was six going on seven. We were out with the lambs and he got stung by a scorpion on his hand. I could not send him home alone and I could not leave the lambs alone. I sent him on ahead following behind with the lambs (sheep travel at their own pace) as fast as I could, cursing all the way.
10. A client of twelve years (civil matters), whom I met because one of her places of business was next to my office, was brutally murdered in a late-evening robbery of another of her businesses, for the day's receipts, by one of her employees and her two accomplices.
I like the way SayUncle says it: If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged.