Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally!

My Christmas present, two Christmases ago, was a 10.5hp Toro snow-blower. The biggest in the neighborhood. Well, between then and now we have not had snow worthy of the name. Easier to do it with the shovel. The one eight-inch snow we got was too slushy and kept clogging up the machine. Finally, we get a beautiful blizzard, with a nominal six-inch accumulation but actual knee-high drifts of light, soft as down, powdery snow. Perfect. I powered up the Toro and cleaned out the driveway, 80 feet long, and the sidewalks. The neighbors' up and down the block too.
I used to hate snow but now that my daughter loves it, I love it too. She looks so cute, snug as a bug in her snowsuit, shoveling alongside me with her little shovel. Then we make a snowman and snow angels on the lawn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Christmases ago? As in 2004? So your's has sat unused even longer than mine!

Tue Feb 13, 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger nk said...

Pretty much. Only one and half gallons of gas used so far.

Tue Feb 13, 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home