Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Birds Of A Feather ...

Dafydd ab Hugh, of Big Lizards, whose thinking I admire very much, has this post about a leftie personal attack against him because of his political views. I'll just post the comment I left on his site:

Dafydd,

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

I know which blogpost you are referring to. The commenters who showed up to participate in the echo chamber were a lot less interesting and credible than the magpies who roost in my neighborhood. A cuckoo chimed in as well, to play the misogyny card. I recognized one of the magpies -- I had read some of his "gangster-in-fairyland" stories in my subway-riding days. His comment confirmed my suspicion from back then that he was published more as a result of cozying up to radical feminists than for the quality of his writing.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

(If you feel that this comment grants them too much dignity in the way of acknowledgment, I will not be offended if you redact it.)

UPDATE: I left a very polite comment, in support of Dafydd, at the leftie post. A commenter there mooed at me that I was trespassing on the herd's grazing ground. Apparently, new voices interfere with the chewing of their cud. Fine with me. My attitude about these matters is here.

UPDATE II: A second commenter on the other hand very graciously invited me to stay expressing a wish for divergent points of view. I declined, I hope just as graciously. Contrary to previous testimonials, I am not all that comfortable at trolling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home