Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, I Don't Give A Rat's Behind

Polipundit, a site which I used to like a lot but now consider partially responsible for the Democrats' control of Congress, quotes stupidity by General Pace about gays in the Armed Forces. Look General:
1. If some nineteen-year old obeys orders to walk point through a minefield I could not care less whether he likes to sleep with men, women or his teddy bear.
2. Every able-bodied citizen has a right to take up arms in defense of our country and that right is not dependent on your view of morality.
3. If some pussy-ass in the Army is worried about some "queer" lusting after his pimply behind and wants the government to protect him, then that pussy-ass does not belong in the Army.
4. So you have no problem sending out soldiers to take an enemy bayonet up the ass (or to shove a bayonet up an enemy's ass) but you have a problem if they take a friendly dick up the ass?
UPDATE: And Polipundit is off my Blog Roll as of right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Voice of Reason said...

Something odd happened to polipundit after the 06 midterms. I used to enjoy that site, even though I didn't always agree, there was room for a discussion. Not so anymore. Any dissent from the uber right position and you are a RINO, homosexual, Communist etc.

Tue Mar 13, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger BigLeeH said...

Not so anymore. Any dissent from the uber right position and you are a RINO, homosexual, Communist etc.

Actually, I tend to think of myself as a member of the uber right but I am put off, too. There seems to be a contest between the left and right these days to see who can think the least. The preferred knee-jerk reaction when confronted with an unfamiliar idea is to fold ones lips back to show the teeth, scream, jump up and down and begin hurling fistfuls of feces. Those of us who find this format for debate rather undignified are regarded with suspicion and disdain.

That said, as someone who feels that the "don't ask, don't tell" policy is the most practical compromise on gays in the military I find General Pace's statements unfortunate in that they open up the military to criticism that the don't ask, don't tell policy was crafted to avoid. This has been pointed out to the general and he has apologized -- an apology which will undoubtedly win him a hopefully-brief shitstorm as the monkeys on the right pelt him with accusations of spinelessness.

Tue Mar 13, 06:25:00 PM  
Blogger A Voice of Reason said...

bigleeh,
I used to go to Poli every day, and still go there often, just to watch, but sometimes I am compelled to post there. However, there are a few there who when you say anything really jump ugly.

I am pretty centrist, but as Hawkish as they come. I'm a vet, and also feel don't ask don't tell was a pretty reasonable policy, and that Gen. Paces framing of the argument was unfortunate.

You sound reasonable!

Wed Mar 14, 01:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, Polipundit sucks. I used to be a regular reader until the "immigration purge" and everything become El Presidente Arbusto. I have no patience for single-issue retards.

Fri Mar 16, 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home