Saturday, August 08, 2009

What Obamacare Means

You go to the grocery store. Obama is waiting for you at the door. He asks, "What are you here for?" You say, "Some steak and arugula". Obama says, "Do you have the money to pay for it?" You say, "Yes".

Just then, another person walks up. Obama asks her, "What are you here for?" She says, "I'd like some cans of ChiliMac and a package of Twinkies, but I don't think I can afford it". Obama tells you, "Give her some of your money so she can buy the ChiliMac and Twinkies". You do.

Obama then turns to you and says, "You can go in and buy some ChiliMac and Twinkies, too." You say, "Say what?" He says, "If that's all she's getting, it's fair that it's all you get, too." You say, "But I can still afford steak and arugula." Obama says, "That's fine. Buy that for me."

[This post may be copied and republished, in its entirety, with or without attribution to me, but only in its entirety.]

6 Comments:

Blogger caseym54 said...

That's a keeper! Spot on.

Sat Aug 08, 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Beldar said...

You lost me at arugula. (Of course, Obama lost me long before his own arugula episode in the campaign.) If I pretend you said potatoes or just "salad," though, I like your explanation. (I don't like the thing that it explains, which is your point.)

Sat Aug 08, 09:47:00 PM  
Anonymous pitchforksntorches said...

Can we put that on a billboard? It really does distill obambi down quite well. Well Done NK

Sun Aug 09, 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger BigLeeH said...

Nonsense! Obama has repeatedly said that if you are happy with your current grocer you can keep your current grocer. Of course, in order to control the cost of food the Branshirts of the Nutrition Review Board may have to discuss the nutritive necessity of steak and arugula with your grocer. If he subsequently decides that they are no longer things he can afford to offer that will not be Obama's fault.

Wed Aug 12, 10:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Pons Asinorum said...

Perfect! Thank you nk (I'm passing this along).

Tue Jan 05, 06:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the part where you get to laugh at the person who can't afford anything at the store and walk right past her with your steak and arugula. Because that's really what you're saying right. As long as you can afford something, that's all that matters.

Mon Jan 18, 02:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home