Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Compleat Robert E. Howard Online For Free

I read everything Robert E. Howard wrote, starting at age eleven. I was reading Conan comic books at age nineteen. I gave them all to the Salvation Army at age thirty-four. Now they have come back to me online.

"Though he always acted on impulse, he firmly believed that all his actions were governed by cold and logical reasonings. He was a man born out of his time--a strange blending of Puritan and Cavalier, with a touch of the ancient philosopher, and more than a touch of the pagan, though the last assertion would have shocked him unspeakably."

"He was the fool, after all; had he not paused to taunt us, he could have trapped us easily."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dana said...

'Tis always good to find another fan of the Cimmerian. I read the Conan comics when I was a teenager, and bought and virtually devoured the whole twelve-book Conan series edited by L Sprague deCamp. I still have some of those books, and reread them to this day.

Sun May 03, 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger nk said...

Updated with a picture just for you, Dana.

Mon May 04, 08:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home