Sunday, February 26, 2006

So You Gotta Let Me Know, Should I Stay or Should I Go

I made a comment on a blog, addressing two previous commenters, which I thought was an entirely appropriate response their insensate inanity. I did not use a single obscene or profane syllable. I did question the worth of their contribution to the human gene pool. The host of the blog deleted my comment, which I accept whole-heartedly. He has the right to control the content of his blog in any way he pleases. In place of my comment he wrote to the effect that nasty, personal, insulting comments will be deleted and repetition will result in the commenter being banned. No problem. That site is off the link list and favorites. I will not be going back. It is a big internet and there up to forty million blogs for me to waste my time on -- few, if any, of them as schoolmarmish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rovin said...

Some people can not comprehend different or alternative views NK.

"In place of my comment he wrote to the effect that nasty, personal, insulting comments will be deleted and repetition will result in the commenter being banned."

I would use this as a comment policy myself, but some how I doubt you reached any of these levels.

Rov

Wed Mar 01, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Joe G said...

You "question[ed] the worth of their contribution to the gene pool" and Rovey doubts that your comment was nasty, personal, or insulting? It is to chuckle.

nk, you're an interesting read, but when a bloghost gives you an invitation to the world, it's not a blessing on you, it's a recognition that they deem you unworthy to engage in a conversation in their forum.

Tue Apr 11, 08:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home