Monday, August 31, 2009

AT&T Is A Bunch Of Cheating, Lying Assholes

I ran a speed test on my supposedly DSL line. I get 192 kbps, when I'm paying them for 1,100. I'm dropping them for Comcast. But I would drop them even if the only other service I could get was two tin cans and a string. Cheating, lying assholes!

UPDATE: Switch to Comcast is done. The installation could have been more efficient and elegant, but it was acceptable. The important thing, I have 15,000 kbps download speed right now. At half the montly charge, for phone and internet, that I was paying AT&T.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Often people mistake kbps (kilobits per second) for kBps (kiloBYTES per second).

It's possible AT&T was giving you more than what you paid for: they may have promised 1,100 kbits per second, and provided 192 kBytes per second, which would be about 1,500 kbps.

Fri Oct 09, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger nk said...

Nope. 192 kbits. I'm no Steve Jobs but I know at least that much.

Sun Oct 11, 06:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home